About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tortilla Soup


One of my favorite blogs to read is MyBig Fat Cuban Family.  Martha is witty, sweet, creative and very familia oriented.  She also cooks and has a cook book out with the same name as the blog. 

I decided to try her receta for tortilla soup and I love it!  I finally figured out why I love it so much…..the soup is so hardy with tons of tortillas, the textures remind me of Mexican chilaquiles and I really, really, really, really LOVE authentic chilaquiles. 

HERE is Martha’s receta.  I make a little variation of her receta.  I use fire roasted tomates and puree them with a half onion in the blender leaving it a little chunky.  I make my own chicken broth and slow cook the soup for a while to marry the flavors.  Then really, the soup can be topped it with anything….black beans, avocado, corn, but two constants are always shredded cheese and tortillas! 
¡Deli!

No comments:

Post a Comment