About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Había una Vez….


Picture of Police emergency flashing blue lights - Free Pictures - FreeFoto.com


As Sofía and I drove to school on this morning she told me a story.

“Once, Mami, when Papi and I were driving back from Tío’s house, the Policia told Papi he was driving too fast and gave him a ticket.” She then went on to warn ME not to drive too fast so that I wouldn’t get a ticket too.  I was confused of course, because I HAD NOT HEARD THIS STORY BEFORE.  J  We immediately called Papi and I told Sofía to tell Papi the story.  Her response to me?  “I don’t need to tell Papi the story because Papi was there Mami.”

Foto credit:  Feefoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment