About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Repollo

Driving across the southern half of Alemania, we saw an AMAZING amount of repollo (cabbage) crops. The color of the repollo was a magical purple just like in the foto. I ask myself how much repollo one country can really eat, especially when I’ve only seen it made ONE way…..hmmmm??  Anyway, we were driving by WAY too fast for me to take a foto, but I was able to find one at Floridata. (If you click on the foto, it will take you to extra interesting información about repollo!).  Ironically, right before we left for our trip, I found a recipe for Roasted Cabbage Wedges by Martha Stewart.  I was not really a fan of repollo before eating it prepared this way.  Now, I can’t get enough!
 
I don’t use caraway or fennel seeds as Martha’s recipe calls for….I came up with my own concoction Below are mine, and yes, I used all of them together along with salt.   I also found that I only have to bake the slices for about 20 minutes.   
Repollo is really healthy as well as filling and is a great accompaniment for many main dishes.  Adiós vinegary and tangy over-boiled repollo….now we have a fresh and flavorful alternative!

No comments:

Post a Comment