About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Vueltas

Before I left Sofía with her abuela this morning, I told her that I had to go and “hacer vueltas” which means to run some errands. Litteraly, a vuelta is a circle as in to move oneself in a circle, like if I wanted you to turn all the way around so that I could see your outfit, I would use the word vuelta. When I returned and we were eating our almuerzo, Sofía was telling me what she and her Abuela did while I was gone. She told me and then said, “Mami vueltas.” and made circles with her pointer finger. I laughed…. “si, Mami hizo vueltas”.

No comments:

Post a Comment