About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Julio 28 – El Día de Independencia de Perú

I couldn’t let today go by without paying some kind of homage to my husband’s motherland on its Independence Day. In addition that he is the Amor de mi Vida, my daughter is also of Peruvian heritage, so I felt something was really necessary! So we made a quick run to a close Peruvian restaurant, La Granja de Oro, for some carryout. We celebrated my husband’s prima’s cumpleaños there and we were all impressed with the authenticity of the food. I ordered one of my favorite dishes, Lomo Saltado. (I really love ceviche, but breastfeeding and raw fish are a no-no!) Sofía ate more rice than meat, but was really into the rice that sucked up all the juices from the dish. She’s no fool! Peruvian cuisine really merits an entire blog or at LEAST an entry all to itself, so I will have to save that for later. For now, ¡Feliz Día de Independencia!

No comments:

Post a Comment