About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Galletas de Chocolate Chip

Do you sometimes just get antojos (cravings) for chocolate chip cookies? The cookies or galletas originated in the USA which would explain why in my travels throughout Latin America that they were nowhere to be found. Anyway, we decided to make chocolate chip galletas and Sofía of course helped me. Now that she is almost a year and a half old (gasp!!) she can really actively participate in the baking process. Before, I used to put her bouncy seat on the island or hold her so that she could see what was going on. Now, I put all the ingredients in separate bowls and she poured them into the mixing bowl and then even got to operate the buttons on the mixer! She even used her hand to spread the dough into the pan! I think I created a Mini-Me Monster!

1 comment:

  1. Your mini-me's can't be monsters! What fun it must have been! Marnix sometimes fiddles at the counter while I'm cooking, but I have never let him actually bake something - we could try it! (Once the fear of the blender has gone, that is...)

    And were they tasty? Mmmm, cravings can be good :-)

    ReplyDelete