About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Why Can't Sofía Sleep Like This?

Every day at Sofía’s nap time, our dos gatos, Nacho and Fulanito, curl up wherever we are and take their siesta. If we are a little late in getting to the designated area, they will beat us there. How punctual of them. I wish Sofía did the same. Sofía sleeps well at night. This came about at around 10 months. But during her siestas, she continued to insist on sleeping on my lap. This was all fine and dandy until she became too big to get comfortable and much to my chagrin, slowly by slowly, I was forced to try to get her to sleep in her crib during her siestas. It is killing me. ¡Me parte el alma! I am on my seventh day of trying to get her to sleep in the crib. The first four days were difficult, but she did cry progressively less and less each day. Friday, she actually slept for 40 minutes after only crying for 25 minutes. Today, not so good. She probably won’t take a siesta at all this afternoon. ¡Ay, Dios mío!

No comments:

Post a Comment