About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Toy Story Música en Español

 
Some Disney Soundtracks are now available en Español too!  (OK, some of the selection has a lot to be desired, but that isn’t important right now!)  We just recently purchased the Toy Story soundtrack which unfortunately only has 3 songs, but the fourth track is a narrated shortened version of the story which lasts about 25 minutes.  Sofía LOVES it!  The best part about it is that she listens to it before she falls asleep and it works like the Sandman!  We also bought the Sirenita disco, but haven’t listened to it yet as I am saving it as a bribe prize!  I wish I could find more stories narrated en Español !

1 comment:

  1. I have something similar in French: a cassette with the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast, abridged, with about three of the songs that play during the story. Griffin and I love it--it's such a great way to work on listening comprehension in the car, and when he saw the movie (with the French soundtrack, of course!, he knew a lot about what to expect. We've also read the Disney version of the book (in French and in English) and watched clips of the songs in French on YouTube.

    It's a cassette that I bought on clearance in France ten years ago, and it never occurred to me to look for others like that--but there probably are more, as it sounds like this is a series that exists in Spanish and in French! I'll have to do some research....

    ReplyDelete