About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Un Día en el Parque con Papi

Sofía and her Papi spent Saturday afternoon together. Just the two of them. Alone. No Mami. I went to a baby shower and since it was Saturday, Sofía got to spend the afternoon with her Papi. This doesn’t happen much. I’m a stickler about spending as much time together as a family, so I normally don’t go anywhere without the other two on the weekends. We do everything together, well, as much as we can, because I think that we spend the majority of the time apart. If I need to do something that I can’t do with Sofía, I try to do it when la Abuela comes to stay with Sofía because when Papi is home, that is our family time. But this one time, I went somewhere by myself and the other two stayed home together. They sent me a foto!

No comments:

Post a Comment