About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

¡Gracias!

During lunch today, I quickly handed Sofía the glass of milk she asked for and turned to get the yogurt from the fridge. I heard her say, “Gracias” and turned just in time to see that she was ignoring me and took a slurp of milk. She has signed “gracias” many times, but this is the first time she has said it. She seems to be into the G sounds. She has been saying “galleta” and “Good Girl!”. Today we had a wonderful play date with her friend Marnix. Marnix said something in Dutch that I can’t remember was juice or something else and she repeated him (matter-of-factly) several times. Very, very, funny to hear her repeat another tot. Here is Sofía during her first “gracias” lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment