About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

4 Razones Why Every Child Should Speak Español

The website Spanglishbaby published a great article about why every child should speak  Español in la USA.  The title of the article is 4 Reasons Why Every Child in the United States Should Speak Spanish.  It is actually a summary of an opinion article by New York Times columnist, Nicholas D Kristof titled, Primero Hay Que Aprender Español. Ranhou Zai Xue Zhongwen (First learn Spanish. Then study Chinese.) Have a peek at them both.  Los dos artículos hit straight-on on a topic that means so much to me and has a huge impact on our present and future global society.

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I are thinking more and more about enrolling Griffin in the local bilingual elementary school (in two and a half years)! We'd love for him to grow up trilingual (and I bet it would do wonders for my Spanish too).

    ReplyDelete