About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pre-Sofía

There are two things that I miss about life Pre-Sofía. Pre-Sofía, I used to get up at 4:30 AM every day to do work and hacer ejercicio before getting ready for work. I loved my time. I felt good, it was and still is the perfect hour for me because my creative juices flowed and I got a lot of work done. I am pretty much useless in the evening, so doubly good. The day after we brought Sofía home from the hospital, I thought I was supposed to continue my regular rutina and I got up just the same. I mean, really what was I thinking? Anyway, now that Sofía sleeps through the night, I have been trying to get back into an early rutina to run in the mornings. I have been able to get up and go to my Muscle-UP classes at 6 AM, but still need the running part and I just don’t have the same gusto as I used to Pre-Sofía. Some days I can get up and some days I can’t! The second thing I miss Pre-Sofía is a set of manicured nails. I also used to manicure my nails in the mornings too…so I REALLY miss that gusto. There are few things that make me feel like my normal, 20-pounds-less, self than a nice set of nails! Post-Sofía, then I think—NAILS??? Seriously? Who cares? I have an adorable baby that I made in my own Easy-Bake-Oven! I’ll take Post to Pre any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment