About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Sleepover

Here’s one thing that I don’t know about in Latin America o sea not in the Spanish-Speaking world because it wasn’t really a part of mi mundo.  The Sleepover. My esposo thinks it is strange and actually at one point said that he didn’t want Sofía to participate in them.  I know that int the Spanish-speaking world, cousins often will sleep over each other’s houses, but I don’t really know about amigas which is really totally diferente.  But I don’t think that you can be a girl growing up in la USA and NOT participate in the sleepover.  Sofía has never had una amiga sleep over before but has had many tías, tíos, and abuelas.  But last week mi mejor amiga and her hijo came to visit for a few days.  Doménico is just one month older than Sofía so it works out perfecto!  They have visited with each other before, but neither one of us has spent the night since the bebes were about 4 months old.  Now that mi amiga and Doménico are gone, I think Sofía is going through withdrawals.  From the momento that she woke up to the momento that she went a dormir….Sofía and Doménico played.  They played and played and played.  She told me that she wants Doménico to stay at her house “todos los días”.  Yes, I think that the Sleepover has gone over well in our casa and I can’t imagine that as an only child and a girl in la USA that it won’t continue! (Bueno…only with other girls of course!)  There is nothing like a good Sleepover with a good amiga!



No comments:

Post a Comment