About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hola Chick-Fil-A

Although I don’t frequent Fair Oaks Mall, when I do go, I always notice that there is a HUGE line outside of the restaurante Chick-Fil-A.  It is reminiscent of the (as my amiga calls it) Chicken-Shacks that invade every corner of my barrio in Bogotá.  So we decided to check out what the deal was.  Luckily, we arrived for Sofía’s almuerzo time and the big lunch hype hadn’t started. 
Chick-Fil-A is my new favorite restaurante!  I wish I had known about it right after Sofía was born AND I wish there was one closer to my casa! 
Here are ALL my reasons for my newfound AMOR!


1. When I placed my order, I was told to sit down and someone would bring me my food!  Wow!!  I always struggle to find a place where I can still see Sofía AND pick up the food at the same time.

2.  There are greeters and helpers who monitor and make sure that you get to your table easily and that everything is clean.  (I invited the woman to come to my casa I was so ecstatic with the help!)  FINALLY someone who understands how difficult it is to carry a tray (even if it only has drinks) AND push a stroller! 

3.  Did I mention that there was someone in the dining area to just help if you needed something?  She asked me if she could get napkins or straws or sauces for me!

4.  Under the cap, the leche has a foil covering that I could just poke a hole in and the straw would not stray.  The straws were the bendy straws so that my daughter doesn’t JAB herself in the mouth every time she takes a sip!!

5.  The salsa de tomate is a clean squeeze packet!  Muy, muy, muy inteligente!

6.  The restaurante was FILLED and I mean FILLED with mamás.  New mamás, mamás with toddlers, mamás with other mamás with niños.  All of them with happy faces as someone helped them to their table as they pushed their strollers!

7.  Chick-Fil-A have their own hand wipes!  You can pick them up as you pick up your utensils and napkins etc…ahhhhh….Heaven!
8.  The menu offers a grilled variety of the nuggets and sánduches and then there are the papas.  The papas are wafles, thick, meaty, skin-on papas. ¡Yumi, Yumi, Yumi!

9.  As people left, I watched how tables were cleaned immediately!  I was super impressed!  The only thing that I was bummed about in observing my new favorite restaurante was that the highchairs didn’t get cleaned.  This is a pet peeve of mine.  High chairs are sooo nasty and there was a recent report that they carried more bacteria than a toilet.  I’m going to drop them a line and let them know. 

10.  The last thing that I have to toot the horn about Chick-Fil-A is that my receipt asked me to take a survey and as a result of taking the survey….I get a free sánduche on my next visita!

¡Gracias Chick-Fil-A!

No comments:

Post a Comment