About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

¡A Perú!

We are very afortunados that my husband gets to travel (for work) a few times a year and that Sofía and I usually get to tag along.  So when mi esposo told me that he needed to go to Perú the following week, I got busy!  It was hot Agosto in D.C., but mid Winter en Lima.  I had to run and purchase tickets and make hotel and transport accommodations, as well as buy Sofía warm clothes!  She obviously outgrew all her long pants and long-sleeve shirts from last season.  (As I write this blog, she has since outgrown those clothes we purchased for the trip!!  Yes, my daughter is near the 100 percentile in height!) This trip really had only one purpose.  It was not the big event of our matrimonio, nor the culinary weekend celebration, or the cultural escapades of the Hacienda and the Pachamanca.   Mi esposo is from Perú and he still has close familia that live in Lima; aunts, uncles, cousins and most importantly, his abuela.  So Sofía learned to tell people that she was going on an avión to Perú to visit her bisabuela. La bisabuela is about 84 years old and as feisty as ever, and Sofía is the first bisnieta that she has ever met!   

No comments:

Post a Comment