About La Mother Tongue


La Mother Tongue is my medium to share the joys and challenges of being a new parent as well as to share how we make a conscious effort in our daily life to bring baby up bilingual.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Making a Difference and Cultural Imprint

In my last post, I wrote about attending the NECTFL conference and the great things I took away from it.  Not only did I meet educators who raised bilingual and bicultural children, I also met educators and their students…who also became educators! 
Here is a foto of Dr. Eugenia Muñoz, a poet, author, mamá, and Professor at Virginia Commonwealth University.  She is smiling with her former student, Jane Tarwacki, President of the Greater Washington Association of Teachers of Foreign Language.  It’s nice to know we make a difference in people’s lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment